Generally, one-level homes have an $850 fee. Two-stories and very large homes run a little more, and very small homes run a little less. This is dependent on design time allotment. If a homeowner is very sure about their layout, drawings are fast and design discounts are applied. Often, "Barndominiums" with very simple roof lines run a little less, as the timing for roof design is nearly eliminated.
Most of my projects last two to four weeks, and payment is received at completion. We try to make the process simple and friendly, so there is no contract or pay schedule. However, if a lengthy delay occurs, because of homeowners' schedules, suspension of the project may become necessary and pro-rated payment will be requested.
To get started, We would need an inspiration floor plan layout and inspiration exterior images to understand your preferences for your home.
Our plan sets include:
- Dimensioned floor plan, showing all plumbing fixtures, cabinets, walls, etc.
- Schedules generated for doors, windows, cabinetry, electrical and individual room dimensions and area (for flooring and paint).
- Dimensioned elevations for all sides of the house
- Electrical plan showing location of fixtures/switches/outlets/connections
- Roof plan
- Text information to determine concrete needs, square footage of all interior and exterior spaces. Information on exterior materials, roof materials and HVAC and Hot Water Heater locations. (Final determination on location would be decided by your HVAC Contractor) Anything that is a unique situation for your home can be included in text as well.
- Foundation planning layout footprint for foundation engineering
Occasionally major changes are needed. These might include houses with a complex roof design, and major wings were added to the house or removed from an already intricate design.
Your foundation contractor will provide engineering for your foundation.
- This is based on the floor plan in your plan set and the foundation planning layout. Footer depths and materials are determined by the soil conditions of your land.
- Information they need will be on the electrical plan, as well as a location of the Electrical Panel which will be determined by the electrical contractor.
During construction, there may be inspections needed by the city, county or HOA, and some of the information possibly needed could include the actual materials, colors or styles that you will have in your home. We can navigate the documents for compliance to meet those requirements.
Our set includes construction information. Any design choices can be handled by using a Houzz account, Pinterest boards, or a notebook with pictures of all your finish choices.
If a site plan is needed, we can provide this by locating the house, for positioning on your lot. This is usually only needed for multiple buildings on a smaller lot or city requirements to ensure that easements are met. Site plans will run $80 - $150 depending on codes and complexity.
Printed sets can be provided, and we usually use Daniel Printing Solutions on Franklin Avenue in Waco. It is often easiest for the homeowner to pick these up at their convenience, or if necessary, we can deliver or mail them.
I have the ability to provide:
- Photo quality interior and exterior pictures of the final design
- Added exterior landscaping: trees, bushes, sidewalks, driveways, etc.
- Interior and exterior furniture: beds, living and dining room, lights, interior painted walls, etc.
- Custom designed cabinets